The use of “cookies” (cookies)
It is possible to use the website without using the “cookies” mechanism, but this may mean that some functions or services of the website will not work properly. If you do not agree to the use of “cookies”, you should select in the browser settings the option of rejecting “cookies” or signaling their transmission.
What are “cookies”?
(You can find a lot of detailed information about cookies here: click on the link http://wszystkoociasteczkach.pl/ )
These are small text files, called cookies, sent by a website that we visit and saved on the end device (computer, laptop, smartphone) that we use when browsing websites.
All websites operating on the Internet – search engines, information and news websites, online stores, websites of state offices and other public institutions, can work properly thanks to the use of “cookies”.
Cookies also allow, among others remembering our preferences and personalizing websites in terms of displayed content and matching advertisements.
Personal data collected using “cookies” may be collected only for the purpose of performing specific functions for the user, such as, for example, remembering logging in to the website or remembering goods added to the basket in the online store. Such data is encrypted in a way that prevents access by unauthorized persons.
Most often, “cookies” (cookies) are used for:
remembering data, such as information entered into order forms or login details,
identification of users as logged in,
remembering user settings regarding page layout, text size, preferences and colors, showing users that they are logged in to our website. exchange information with trading partners to provide services on our website. The information shared in this way is only used to provide services, products and functions and is not used for other purposes
Basic types of cookies:
1. Session cookies – these are temporary files stored in the browser’s memory until the end of the browser session, that is, until it is closed. These files are mandatory for some applications or functionalities to work properly.
2. Permanent cookies – thanks to them, the use of frequently visited websites is easier (eg they provide optimal navigation, remember the selected resolution, content layout, etc.). These files remain in the browser’s memory for longer periods. This time depends on the choice that can be made in the browser settings. This type of cookie allows information to be transferred to the server each time a given page is visited. Persistent cookies are also known as so-called. tracking cookies.
3. Third party cookies – these are files from, for example, advertising servers, company servers and service providers (e.g. searches or maps placed on the website) cooperating with the owner of a given website. These files allow you to customize advertisements – thanks to which the use of websites may be free – to the preferences and habits of their users.
The use of “cookies” in the citylion.pl store
The citylion.pl store uses “cookies” for the following purposes:
1. Service configuration
adjusting the content of the store’s websites to the User’s preferences and optimizing the use of the store’s pages
recognition of the store user’s device and proper display of the website, tailored to individual needs
remembering the settings selected by the User and personalizing the interface
remembering the history of visited pages in the store in order to recommend content
2. User authentication in the store and ensuring sessions in the store:
recognition of the User who previously used the store
maintaining the store user’s session (after logging in), thanks to which the user does not have to re-enter the login and password on each subpage of the store
correct configuration of selected store functions, enabling in particular verification of the authenticity of the browser session. optimizing and increasing the efficiency of services
3. Implementation of the processes necessary for the full functionality of the store’s website
adjusting the content of the store’s websites to the User’s preferences and optimizing the use of the store’s websites. In particular, these files allow to recognize the basic parameters of the User’s Device and properly display the website, tailored to his individual needs, including the recognition of a User who used the store in the past, but is currently using it again and has not passed the login process.
ensuring the safety and reliability of the store
It is possible to configure each web browser in such a way as to completely or partially disable the possibility of storing “cookies” on the hard drive of a computer or other device used for browsing websites by the User. Failure to accept “cookies” does not mean that it is not possible to use the store.
Possibility to define the conditions of storage or access by “cookies”
1. The User may independently and at any time change the settings for “cookies”, specifying the conditions for their storage and access to the User’s device through the files. Changes to the settings referred to in the previous sentence can be made by the User using the web browser settings or by using the service configuration. These settings can be changed in particular in such a way as to block the automatic handling of “cookies” in the web browser settings or to inform about their every posting on the User’s device. Detailed information on the possibilities and methods of handling cookies is available in the software (web browser) settings.
2. The user may at any time delete “cookies” using the functions available in the web browser he uses.
3. Restricting the use of “cookies” may affect some of the functionalities available on the store’s website.
The adoption of the procedure for obtaining consent to the use of “cookies” results from the provisions of the amended Telecommunications Law, which entered into force on March 22, 2013.